Hello y’all. Last week was a busy week for both of us. Darren worked late most of the week and I shopped for some inexpensive storage solutions and ways to improve our home. It was a crazy and I didn’t get chance to post a blog.
I thought I would share a few improvements we did over the weekend. We are constantly trying to improve our living space to make it more comfortable and inviting. We are constantly adding to our list of things we want to do to make it better. (Our list is way to long 🗒)
- The first thing we did was add a power outlet (just for charging phones and laptops) to the sofa table. One thing I have found in most RV’s is that there is rarely an outlet where you need one. Adding an outlet here 👆🏼 makes it so much easier for me to sit and use my devices while they are charging. This is definitely an improvement. (Thank you Sweet Husband, you are so handy👏🏻)
- The next thing we did was repair the saggy seat on our sofa. It has gotten really uncomfortable. It has straps that wrap around the frame. (They look like packing straps that are used to ship boxes) Some of them have broken which caused the seat to sag. The rest of the sofa is still in great shape. This is what we did to repair it.
- We took two old flatten bed pillows and stuffed them between the foam padding and frame for more padding.
- We took heavy-duty zip ties and wrapped them from front to back where the broken straps were.
- We took a ratchet strap and wrapped it around the frame on each end and tightened it. We sat on it and loosened the strap till it was comfortable. Now the seat is firm and comfortable. It will last a good while before we need to replace it.
- Another improvement was a window valance for the kitchen window. A few months ago we took the box valance down to make room for the space saver coffee maker. The window has been naked ever since. It looked BLAH😕. I have struggled with what I should do to it.🤔 This is what I finally came up with. I hand sewed a hexagon valance and attached it with velcro. I am proud of it. It turned out good. ( I will do a blog on sewing projects and explain how I sewed it). It adds color to that area and dresses up the window. I made it narrow so that it wouldn’t the block light coming through the window. The box valance that was there before blocked a lot of light and made the space darker.
That was just a few improvements. We have made a lot of them since we bought our camper in 2015 and we will be making more. I am going to do a camper tour video for our YouTube channel , so y’all be looking for it. Back in June while we were in California, we met the Phoenix Ramblers and they did a camper tour of our camper on their channel. That was fun.
We are preparing for another long trip in September. We will only be gone for about twelve days but it will be a long drive. I don’t want to tell you where we are going yet, but I will give you a hint. 🏹🦌🐻🏔. Can you guess from the emoji’s where we are going? Leave a comment. We would love hear from you.
Y’all be sure to make everyday an adventure
and live life and love on your family,